Day 9 - Paris Fashion Week
Lie Sang Bong
photo credit: Fashionising.com
10 Things I Learned From Watching Fashion Week S/S 2014
(New York, London, Milan, Paris)
1. Stay NEUTRAL! Neutrals are BIG! Load up on black & white designs. It doesn't matter if it's all white, all black or a combination of each. Black & white is IN. Blushes & beige's are also popular.
2. Embellish Me! Whether on tops, sweaters, skirts, jackets, purses or shoes, sparkly embellishments will add just the right touch to an outfit. Can anyone say JCrew chandelier sweater? hmmmmm.
3. Cut it out! No seriously, cut it out! Cut-outs and perforations were seen in many collections & designs. Cut outs are different from rips! Smaller cut-outs are even better and won't leave you exposed.
4. Leather is still cool! But hey, when is it ever not :)
5. Grab a pencil! I mean a pencil skirt! Designers have breathed new life into pencil skirts. Fancy designs, metallic material, and embellishments have taken pencil skirts to an entirely new level.
6. Metallics & COLOR - Lots of metallic material was used for designs. There were even metallic embellishments on designs. Colors that were shown over & over were yellow, orange, blue, red and green.
7. Geometric Prints! No, not geometry! Geometry in Fashion! Triangles, squares and circles fused together in designs combine for an interesting combination.
8. Dragonfly's, Butterfly's & Flowers! Wear them. Pin them on. They're HOT right now.
9. Welcome to the TRIBAL JUNGLE! Tribal & Jungle prints are still roaring on. So they're definitely ok to wear.
10. Lace, lace, lace. Pair it with leather! Wear it alone! Pretty lace pieces look fabulous.
Whew! I'm done. Thanks for reading.
Back to regular posting :)