Tips For Visiting Graceland:
1. Start Early - There are several lines to wait it in, so start early in the morning. There's a ticket line. A line for the tour bus that will bring you to Graceland (they'll give you a headset & ipad). Then they group you at Graceland before entering the house.
2. Wear Comfortable Clothes and Shoes - Comfortable and Non-Slip Shoes, because you'll be doing a lot of standing, climbing stairwells and walking. Cool clothes, because even in October Memphis is HOT, PLUS the house is NOT cold (it's mild). There are also sub-houses around the house that are part of Graceland.
3. Prepare for DARK and OUTDOOR photography - There are a lot of dark rooms (that don't get much light), so adjust the settings of your camera. Same for outdoor shots! Outside areas get a LOT of sun! I brought my Canon and cell phone.
4. Protect yourself from the sun! - Remember the sunscreen! Wear a hat (if sensitive to the sun). Keep sunglasses available when standing outside. Hydrate yourself BEFORE going. Keep a bottle of water in your bag. Did I say, it get's HOT? LOL
5. Bring PATIENCE! Lines move S-L-O-W-L-Y! People stop and look at everything! There are some serious fans that visit. You can skip them, but I wouldn't advise disturbing them. HAHAHA If you don't plan on taking pictures, then you may want to go later in the evening.