THE BENEFITS OF USING LIP BALMLips - without them, we would have trouble with the simplest everyday tasks such as speaking, eating, and, of course, kissing. But how do we take care of them? That's easy, just glide on some lip balm to protect and pamper your lips (and some other areas of your body too!) Lip balm has many benefits, ranging from trivial to necessary.
1. PREVENT CHAPPED LIPSThis is the most important benefit of using lip balm. The skin on your lips is exceptionally thin, and, unlike the skin on the rest of your body, it cannot produce oils for protection against the elements. Therefore, it is much more susceptible to breakdown. Lip balm, which consists of a moisturizer and a sealant, provides protection from the harsh wind and low temperatures that cause chapped lips.
2. PREVENT SKIN CANCERLip skin contains no melanin, meaning there is no natural protection from the sun's cancer-causing UVA AND UVB rays. Many lip balms come with an SPF of 15 to 30 to help protect the lips from skin cancer.
3. PRODUCE SOFTER LIPSThe moisturizers used in lip balm help to restore damage to your lips by penetrating the skin and repairing from the inside out. Lip balm also creates a barrier on your lips, preventing cracks and sores from occurring as easily and resulting in exceedingly smooth lips.
4. CREATE A YOUTHFUL LOOKMany lipsticks and lip glosses boast a special ingredient that plumps lips, but all you really need is lip balm. Using lip balm every day will lock moisture into your lips, making them appear fuller and plumper. Plump lips translate to a youthful appearance.
5. (BONUS USE!) SOOTHE AN IRRITATED NOSEWe've all had a terrible cold fully equipped with sniffles and sneezes. After a day or two of blowing and wiping your nose, the skin around it can get quite sore. To stimulate healing, simply put some lip balm on your finger and apply lightly to the sore area.
6. (BONUS USE!) HEAL CRACKED FINGERTIPSFingers can get so dry in the winter, that they can actually crack and split. This obviously makes everyday tasks, such as driving and writing, painful. To promote healing and prevent further dryness, apply a layer of lip balm to your fingertips twice a day.
Check out a few great lip balms on Amazon.