Last week, when I ordered my Benefit cosmetics from Sephora (look for a review this Friday), Sephora stated that I had accumulated points and could get something FREE. Well, I chose a deluxe sample of the Lancome Hypnose Star Mascara. It claims to give your lashes more volume and curl. After trying it, I'm really impressed. So here is my Sweet or Not review of it.
Sweet - Bittersweet - Not Sweet
Lancome Hypnose Star Mascara is SWEET
Product Description: A mascara that provides ultra-volume at the lash line for a sensuous curve from root to tip. This mascara dresses lashes in intense volume, unfolding a new vision of glamour inspired by Betty Boop and top model Daria Werbowy. The formula's "black-diamond effect" imparts a glossy gel-like finish. The dual-action brush has a flat side for optimizing product deposit at the lash line while the rounded side separates, defines, and lengthens.
- Awesome Brush- I love the curves of this brush and the bristles are really soft. So it doesn't tug or pull at your lashes.
- No Clumping - This mascara is really smooth. I didn't experience any clumping or spider effects.
- Fabulous Lengthening and Thickening -As you can see from the before and after photos, I have lashes but they don't stand out. My lashes are also very sparse at the bottom. So this really helped fill them in.
- Cute Packaging - Don't marketer's know how to get you with the packaging. HaHa I don't mind it, as long as the product works. This does!
- Availability - This mascara is only available at Sephora. I don't usually wear mascara, but after trying this I really need to. I definitely saw a difference. If this was a marketing attempt by Lancome to lure you in, it worked for me.
- Price - The price is nothing to sneeze at! Unlike other cosmetics, you have to get rid of mascara more frequently. So to shell out $28 especially in these economic times for mascara is not necessarily economical in my opinion. If you wear mascara EVERY day, then go for it. Maybelline Great Lash has always been my mascara standby and I don't have to spend as much.
- Great Reviews - It gets really great reviews from customers on Sephora's website. I like reading those.