- 5 scoops of Tahitian vanilla bean ice cream infused with Madagascar vanilla
- 23K edible gold leaf, drizzled with the world's most expensive chocolate, Amedei Porceleana and covered with chunks of rare Chuao chocolate, which is from cocoa beans harvested by the Caribbean Sea on Venezuela's coast
- suffused with exotic candied fruits from Paris, gold dragets, truffles and Marzipan Cherries.
- It is topped with a tiny glass bowl of Grand Passion Caviar, an exclusive dessert caviar, made of salt-free American Golden caviar, known for its sparkling golden color.
- It's sweetened and infused with fresh passion fruit, orange and Armagnac. The sundae is served in a baccarat Harcourt crystal goblet with an 18K gold spoon to partake in the indulgenceserved with a petite mother of pearl spoon and topped with a gilded sugar flower by Ron Ben-Israel." (source)
My Sweet Treats: So, did you guys have a good weekend? I was pretty quiet. Got my eyebrows done, did some things around the house, watched football (those were 2 stressful games! haha), watched Downton Abbey-Season 2 (quote of the night: "I'm a woman Mary, I can be as contrary as I choose") and tested wine LOL. I'm excited to tell you about my cool sweet treats for this week. If you're younger than 21 don't read any further. LOL
Cupcake Vineyards: The week before last I was reading a post from Beck's blog Oomph here and here (check out her blog. she has the best style and is super sweet. we've been blog buddies for awhile.) and noticed a bottle of wine. What really captured my eye was the word CUPCAKE and RED VELVET. I knowww SMH. LOL So I asked her if she had any information on the company. I went to their website and they have red, white and sparkling wine. So I ordered one bottle from each category ($13.99 a bottle):
Descriptions of the ones I purchased:
- Pinot Grigio (White) - “Our Pinot Grigio is full with a nose that shows hints of pineapple, pears and sweet lemons. The body is full and gives way to a creamy mid-palate, integrating tropical fruits with the vibrant zing of citrus fruits. It is reminiscent of a pineapple upside down cupcake.”
- Red Velvet (Red) - “Our first blended red wine for Cupcake Vineyards has over the top aromas of chocolate, deep rich blackberries, red fruits that follow through the palate to a creamy mocha finish that is unmistakable in its intensity and length, with a hint of coconut. It’s reminiscent of a blackberry chocolate cupcake with a mocha coulis.”
- Moscato D'Asti (Sparkling) - “Our Moscato is vibrant and expressive with floral notes that dominate with hints of peach and flavors of tropical fruits and lychee. It is a soft and luscious wine with just a hint of effervescence to tickle the palate and balance the sweetness. With bright fruit flavors and finesse, it’s reminiscent of a pineapple right-side up cupcake.”
My Verdict! Excellent price. It was packaged beautifully. Arrived by FedEx. They DO require an adult signature, valid id and someone must be home. How do they taste? I SUPER LOVE the Moscato D'Asti! It has a wonderful taste and is bubbly.Your palette will love it. You will SMILE! I'll be getting some more of that! HAHAHA The Red Velvet is an excellent red wine. If you like a dry white wine then you'll love the Pinot Grigio. Do you have a favorite wine?
Garnet Hill: When you shop online, you receive a lot of catalogs at home. One of the catalogs I receive is Garnet Hill. I love their clothes because they're simple, classy, comfortable and non-fussy. However, they can be pricey. So my budget only allows me to buy stuff from them now and then. I'm gonna let you in on a little secret! So shhhh, don't tell anyone else ok. LOL As I was perusing their website, they have a Sale and Clearance tab. Click on it. Then look to your left and scroll down until you see Sale of the Day. Every day they feature ONE item that is heavily discounted. This dress retails for $98. I purchased it the other day for $34 (it's now on sale for $49). So what's the lesson? No matter what online store you look at, check and see if they have an outlet, clearance, or sale of the day link. You could save some money and get a great quality outfit. :)
Happy Chinese New Year Everybody!
It's the Year of the Dragon!