I shopped it online and it was definitely an experience (my first time)! Target teased their online customers from midnight until 3am (definitely some Milu the cat mischief going on...haha)!
I scored ALL of the pieces I really wanted, but it wasn't an easy task. If it wasn't for the help of others, I probably wouldn't have gotten my items. So I wanted to share my LESSONS LEARNED, so YOU will be prepared for the "next" high profile collaboration. Sorry this is text heavy, but anyone who participates in these events will hopefully find it useful.
A Guide for Shopping Online (Lessons Learned)
- REVIEW the entire collection BEFORE the event. KNOW the items you want - Emotions are super high and there is no time to guess about which items you want. Some people got SO excited, they ended up buying items they hadn't planned to (nor fit in their budget). Some waited past 30 minutes (the time to cancel). Now they have to wait on the order and return it. Someone else could've purchased that item.
- "Like" and Log onto the Target Style on Facebook Page AND Target Style on Twitter: NOT the Target Facebook Page - There are many consumers that have the same questions you do. A Target representative monitors the page and sometimes answers your questions (if not, usually a kind person does). You can gain a lot of insight as to what is going to happen. I logged on around 11pm. The event started around 12:15am (CST).
- Have a Target User Id and Password - Make sure you have a user id and password (and KNOW it) for the Target Website. This helps when checking out. If you're fumbling trying to remember a password, you may lose out on one or more items in your shopping cart.When you take too long, things will be deleted if someone else wants it. You can check out as a guest, but you'll have to type a LOT of information to check out.
- When you see an item you like online BUY IT! Don't keep looking for or adding items! - SO MANY people the other night, lost out on Jason Wu items because they were constantly adding to their shopping cart as items became available (trying to save on shipping costs). When they were ready to checkout, items had been deleted because the demand from others was so high. I paid for shipping and handling several times, because items were made available in increments (see next point). I didn't want to pay all that shipping, but to guarantee my items I did.
- The ENTIRE collection was available for purchase online, BUT IN INCREMENTS - It was possible to buy the entire collection online, but it wasn't until after 2am that people and Target started sharing a link that showed ALL Jason Wu items. I was online shopping and waiting for items from 12 midnight until almost 3 am. Items trickled online about every 15 minutes or so.
- Customers worked together and shared LINKS so that others could find and purchase items like ME - Bloggers, Target customers and fans of Jason Wu really helped one another during this time. I really thank them!!! They provided links to specific skirts, dresses and accessories when we couldn't find an item. Why couldn't we find anything? Check out the next point.
- There were 4 links on Target's website to shop for Jason Wu - Instead of having ONE tab to find ALL Jason Wu products, Target had 4! Maybe this was to prevent crashing of the site, but it was frustrating. You could find some Jason Wu items under Women < clothing, Women > dresses, Women > accessories, and then under the top Header > shop the collection > explore the details. Are you confused yet? I surely was. That's when people started providing links to specific clothing and accessories.
- The customers (on Target Style Facebook) were the FIRST to say when the collection went LIVE. NOT Target officials! Target officials constantly mentioned this event would take place "early morning". Well "early morning" started around 12:15 (just after midnight). Many believed it would start the same time Missoni did (I didn't participate in that event, so I can't verify the online time) around 4-5 am (that's what other people said). One thing is for sure! Missoni and Jason Wu went LIVE at TWO different times. So you can't assume just because one collection started at a specific time the other one will too!
- COMPLETE YOUR PURCHASE and ORDER NO MORE THAN TWO ITEMS - Don't get so excited that you don't officially complete your purchase. Some people thought they had finished a transaction, only to never receive a confirmation number by email. Also, some people's orders were cancelled! Check your email for a confirmation! Don't order more than 2 of the same items!
A Guide for Shopping At The Store
(Lessons Learned from others that chose this option)
- Make sure the Target you plan on going to is actually participating in the event - Not all Target's carried/received the Jason Wu collection. I didn't find out about this until the day before the event (along with so many others). Target provided a listing of stores on their Target Style Facebook Page.
- Some Target stores may only have a portion of the collection - Many customers complained that only parts of the collection were at stores (the entire collection was NOT made available). Some stores didn't have Jason Wu displays, but merely a simple hanging rack of select items. Some stores didn't have the handbags. Some didn't have all of the accessories (scarves).
- Greedy Customers / Well Behaved Customers -I read that one lady grabbed a bunch of clothes without even looking at sizes. Can anyone say Ebay? Same for handbags! I thought there was suppose to be a limit, but from what some readers said they got away with it. There were also well behaved customers. One girl mentioned how other ladies SHARED a Jason Wu cat scarf with her. When dealing with the public, know there are different personalities out there.
Look at this video! Greedy MUCH in Miami! :(
My Final Thought, What I Purchased and Quality!
Shop these collections online if you really want something. Even though it can be a pain with the hours (midnight into the morning hours), websites offer the ENTIRE collection. If you shop online you may get MOST of the items you want. If necessary, go to the store that morning to see if they have something you didn't get that night (hopefully you won't have to). Just realize, as in this case, stores may not have everything. I read many posts where individuals were disappointed once they got there.
Many people were concerned about the quality of the garments, myself included. So I really played it safe! I found out yesterday, that most of the designs ran big (good for me haha). So below are the 4 items I bought. No cat items. I'm not a cat girl (woman) haha. So I left those items for someone who adores them. I'm not greedy. LOL
An example of FABULOUS behavior is in the video below! As far as the quality of the designs, I found this girl's (Rachel Martino) video showcasing some of Jason Wu's designs. Fast forward to when she models the garments. I think they look SO good ON for the price. I had to share this with you.
Hope you enjoyed my review! I'll be responding to your blogs later today. I haven't read any of them the past couple of days. I was really busy Th - Sunday. You know I always catch up :) Have a great Monday! Jason Wu was my weekend Sweet Treats :)