I've collaborated with Community Coffee Company again! Many of my readers know I absolutely love them. They're locally owned and have excellent coffee. The brand has been a staple in my family (my grandfather religiously purchased this brand) for many years. They sent me two varieties of coffee! Thank You Community Coffee! Below are my thoughts on each & since football season is just around the corner, I've included some fun tailgate traditions & tips.
Community Coffee Limited Edition Saints Blend Special Dark Roast Coffee & Sweepstakes
Community Coffee Company has released Saints Blend, a new blend in honor of the New Orleans Saints’ 50th Season. Bold and distinctive, this full-bodied, special dark roast will be available for a limited time only in 12-ounce bags. Community® Saints Blend delivers the same high-quality, 100% select Arabica coffee that Louisiana fans have come to love and expect. Community Coffee Company launches the new product offering as a way to acknowledge the loyalty of its consumers and showcase the brand’s central role in New Orleans culture. This new product launch coincides with the New Orleans Saints’ 50th Season in the National Football League and is only one of many ways that the team and its fans are gearing up for success this season. Along with the Saints’ commemorative uniform patch, Community® Saints Blend celebrates this historical milestone and serves as an important symbol for those who have grown up in the region. “We’re excited to give Saints fans a blend of their own,” said Scott Eckert, vice president of marketing at Community Coffee Company. “Whether you plan to simply enjoy a cup at home or share with guests at your next tailgate party, we hope the Saints Blend makes you proud to be a part of our amazing heartland.” Limited time only Saints Blend products can be found in grocery stores throughout Louisiana and Mississippi, as well as online at CommunityCoffee.com.
Some Tailgate Traditions & Tips
1. Team Colors - It's so important to show support! Wear the team's colors/logo. In New Orleans, we wear black & gold on game days, Saints paraphernalia and lots of fleur de lis'.
2. Delicious Food - What's a tailgate without something yummy to eat!?! In New Orleans, you'll the classics: hamburgers & hot dogs, BUT you'll also see local favorites such as red beans & rice, jambalaya, shrimp etouffe, daiquiris and po-boys. Also consider people with special diets attending (ex. diabetics).
3. Let's Hear It For The Boys - For the pre-celebration and if you decide to stay outside the stadium, it's important to have a radio. Some use their cars & trucks to listen to the game. Others there cell phones (bring your charger) and some use classic radios.
4. Hydrate & Protect - If you're tailgating outdoors, protect yourself from the sun by using sunscreen (apply 30 minutes before and every 2 hours afterwards), wear a hat & sunglasses. Protect yourself from mosquitoes with bug spray. A first aid kit is also smart to have on board, in case of an emergency. Also antacids, in case anyone eats too much LOL Also, it gets very hot & humid here in New Orleans, so bring a cooler filled with water. It's important to hydrate.
5. Get Rest & Bring Your Best Attitude - Be sure to get lots of rest the night before! Tailgating is fun but can be exhausting. You're outside for a long time! Keep it festive and everyone will enjoy the party.